Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Only Half Crazy

Aaron ran his first half marathon on Saturday. He did so good. He ran the Timpanogos Half Marathon. They started at Tibble Fork up American Fork Canyon and finished at American Fork High School. He said it was a pretty run especially running down and out of the canyon. We are so proud of him. 
This is how Bridger waited for Daddy to cross the finish line
What a stud! His time was 1hour 58minutes 34seconds

Ashlee also ran the Half Marathon, she did great as well. 

How fun for them to run it together. I can't wait until next year so all 3 of us can run it.
CAN'T WAIT TO BE BACK IN SHAPE AND HAVE MY OLD BODY!!!
 . . . Speaking of that, I have decided to blog about getting back into shape and all that jazz. I figure blogging about it to the world can do nothing but help.
Seriously though I know having sweet Bridger was totally worth gaining 60lbs, yes that is right I gained 60lbs being pregnant. DON'T JUDGE. I would not take any of it back, obviously totally worth it!! But now that he is here and healthy and cute as ever, I would love nothing more to get back to my old self.
I got weighed today and was totally bummed out, so depressing! It felt a lot like this. . .

I will admit it, it is a bummer I am not lucky like some of those woman out there that bounce back 3 weeks after giving birth. LAME! But I have excepted that and am ready to love the gym again. Since having Bridger I have been weening myself of sugar. I must admit I was addicted while pregnant. It is so hard! I crave it so much I swear. I have indulged a couple times but I am getting better after being weighed I am not even tempted.
I used to love working out and I know I still do but it is going to be so hard at first. They say it takes about 4 weeks to make a habit and to even start noticing a difference in your body. That sucks because obviously I want it now. LAME ONCE AGAIN. But I guess it makes it more worth it that way.
Kind of feeling this way. . .
So I guess you have to start somewhere. I am just excited and ready to start feeling a lot better about myself. I keep telling myself I am going to be a HOT MOM! I have a hot hubby and an adorable child it only makes sense, right?! LOL. So here's to that. . . I am defiantly one to put up inspirational quotes and Victoria Secret Models all over the house to keep me motivated, and it defiantly helps. Also having the Olympics going right now that defiantly is super motivating. So here is one last thought and it defiantly is so true and what I want to live by :) 
So here's to the start of my journey and too looking good naked!
Also can't forget a cute baby pic. Bridger is so happy in the mornings we will catch him smiling and smiling so big. Love this little man!


4 comments:

Ryan, Alyse, Paetyn and Ashton said...

Ooh I am so proud of you Aaron good job! Jess you Have given be inspiration that I too can do this thx. It is hard but woman I know u can do it!! We will push each other in sept while I am there:)

Kara and Cody Markham said...

Serioulsy cutest baby ever!!! I love following your blog jess, I hope we get to see each other soon:)

Scadden Family said...

Oh Jessica, how I feel your pain! Baby weight sucks!!! We can do this together. Loved your wight loss pictures, LOL! It was cool doing the race with Aaron and it will be AWESOME next year doing it with both of you! If I can do it, you sure can too!!!

Mindy Thomas said...

Nice job Aaron! You fast little runner you. So proud of you.
I know the feeling jess! You will kick butt and be back to your old self in no time.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...