Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Bridger Aiden Turner {A Birth Story}

My word where to start. We have a baby and we are so in love with him! We absolutely love being parents. It really is the best job in the world. 

{Birth Story}
After waiting and waiting and waiting for just a hint of labor I hit 41 weeks. We got the call from the hospital on Sunday and they said I was the first on call for being induced on Monday. Sunday night was the longest night ever. I am surprised we even got any sleep. 
At 6:15 am on Monday the hospital called and said to be there in a hour. That was the longest drive ever. I was so nervous and excited, we both were.

{41 Weeks Prego} Last prego picture                                       
When I got to the hospital I was still at a 2 and only 70% effaced. I had been that for 3 weeks. The doctor came in at 8:30 and broke my water and about a half hour later they started me on pitocin. Right away contractions started. Boy oh boy did they hurt and they were just mild ones. I told the nurse I was ready for the epidural and 5 min later the anesthesiologist was there. I was nervous for it but it was not bad at all. All I felt was a little pinch and it was done. Thank goodness I got the epidural when I did because my contractions turned into whoppers right after.
By noon I was a 5 and by 2:30 I jumped to an eight. We were so excited we defiantly thought we would be parents not to much after. But I stayed an 8 up until about 8p.m.
Then we were kind of stuck. The baby's heart rate kept dropping and it wasn't during contractions. So they thought they might have to do a C-section. They nurse prepped me and everything just in case I needed one I would be ready.  For an hour they had me lay on my side to see if that would help any. The baby kept a steady heart rate for an hour and at 9 the doctor came in a check me and I was ready to push. No C-section needed. The doctors could not believe it.
 I pushed for about an hour and at 9:57p.m. on July 2nd {Bridger Aiden Turner} was born.

He came out screaming, the doctor didn't even have to suction him.
I could not believe he was mine
It seems that extra week did him some good. He weighed 8lb 8oz and was 19 1/2 inches long
{We are a family}
{Proud New Daddy}
Everyone was so excited to meet Bridger. He had his own fan club waiting for him in the waiting room.
{First Time Grandparents} Grandma and Grandpa Ruller
{Grandma and Grandpa Turner}
{First Time Great-Grandparents} Great Grandma and Grandpa Thomas
{Great-Aunt Ashlee and Amber}
{Great-Great-Grandpa Thomas}

We had a great hospital stay. The nurses were awesome and super helpful. But by that second day we were ready to go home.
{Coming Home}
Bridger did not like his car seat. He hung onto the straps for dear life. You would of thought he was going on a roller coaster ride.

We are so grateful for this little man in our lives! He is the absolute sweetest thing. We are so in love with him!
We are also so grateful for everyone coming to visit us in the hospital and all of the waiting everyone did while I was in labor. We are so grateful for the amazing support we have from our families. Bridger is so lucky to have such an awesome family.

3 comments:

Ryan, Alyse, Paetyn and Ashton said...

Ooh my word what a Chub! I loved seeing these pics so cute.. Love u can't wait to hold him congrats!!

Dane and Kelsey Pence said...

CONGRATS!!! he is so adorable!!!!

Kara and Cody Markham said...

Oh Jess!! Im so happy for you guys. You will make th best mommy ever. Congratulations!!! Love you and I need to come visit you and baby ASAP!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...