Sunday, June 19, 2011

One Of A Kind

Fathers Day is a lot different for me now that I am married and not living at home. I find myself getting home sick every once in a while. I have realized that I appreciate my parents much, much more now that I am out of the house. As crazy as my family is, I see now how much I took advantage of having them around all of the time.

The weather outside is very rainy and cold today and it makes me want to get in a blanket and snuggle up and watch The Goonies. I would always watch that with my dad on days like this. I remember always watching movies with him, when I was little he would always watch
The Little Mermaid and Beauty and The Beast with me.

We would do a lot of different things together, I remember we would always go out shooting, even when I was little, we would go on hikes for hours and bring the guns and shoot anything and everything.

I am very grateful for my dad! He is a very hard worker I see that now and all that he does for my family. He is for sure one of a kind :) everyone who knows him would back me up on that! But no matter how crazy he gets Aaron is now realizing that I am just like him! Aaron thought once we were married it would be so nice to be on our own away from our parents but poor Aaron feels like he is living with my dad sometimes. I couldn't be more proud though. :)

Us being so much alike though didn't always mean we got along. I must be so much like him and more because I always remembering getting my way and winning those arguments. :) I am not going to say I am super close with my dad because I am not. Over the years we have grown apart. But now being married and being out of the house I am realizing the importance of that relationship. I am so very grateful to have a dad like mine. I love you very much!

Writing all of this down I keep thinking of quotes that only have meaning to my dad and a few others:
"Does this look infected to you?"
"It was a dark stormy night as the train rattled on, all the passengers had gone to bed. . . "
"Bono mainee ekkie bobo"
"Bless this mess"
"Grandpa in the face"

Photobucket

Photobucket
{Happy Fathers Day}

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...