Saturday, October 13, 2012

A Blog Post

So we have had our first sick baby. It first started with Aaron and then went to Bridger and then it visited me for just a couple days. Aaron is still getting over it 10 days later. Luckily Bridger is such a happy baby it was not bad at all.
But I was still a paradoid mama. The first few days I took his temperature like crazy and for a day I called the nurse and was convinced he had whooping cough. {thank goodness he stopped coughing the very next day} For some reason I was nervious for him to sleep in his crib so I just snuggled him all night. Having a sick baby for the first time and when they are still so little can be a little scary.
Poor little man just had a yucky cough and stuffy nose and was sneezing like crazy.  Top two things that worked was a hot steamy shower for like 30 min to clear baby up and Vick's on the feet, seriously, totally made a difference. 
Little man is still the cutest and full of smiles even when he is sick.
 
{Brace Hell}
 So we are in Clubfoot Brace Hell!!! We went in for a two week check up with the brace and Bridger has not been wearing his brace half as much as he should. So we got some questions answered like "No you can't get the brace to tight" and "No, it doesn't hurt him" and "Yes, it is fine if he cries. We have had moms say their baby has cried 24 hours straight. You have to let him cry and get over the hump"
My oh my it sucks to just let your baby cry. It is like we have a completely different baby when his brace is on. Bridger is so sensitive when it is on as well. But these last few days we have not taken the brace off when he cries and it is getting better but that first day after the doctor visit was hell I tell you.
The first day Bridger was so tired. He seriously cried for 2 hours straight. He did not want to be put down and would only fall asleep like this on mama or daddy's shoulder. I didn't mind the snuggles.
 Bridger does best in his Bumbo with his brace.
There is no doubt this kid loves his daddy.
He was so tired his fell asleep sitting up.
MMMM I love a naked baby. I love his little chubby baby boobs :)
 There is one upside with the cast off, at least for now. Little man gets to enjoy his tubby time again and he loves it.
Don't even worry tonight is the first night Bridger is sleeping in his brace. So far in the last 2 hours he has woke up 4 times crying because of his brace. Sad baby. I have stayed strong though. Last night I caved and took his brace off. I have to keep it on or his foot will change back and he will have to have surgery. It is just hard for a mama to let her baby cry for ever.
Next blog post will be an update on nigh time.


{Blankies}
There is no doubt there is some serious blankie lovin in this house.
Whether it is being snuggled. . . 
. . .or eaten
Bridger is not seen with out it
 
{Blessing Day}

 Bridger was blessed today, October 13, 2012. It could not of gone more perfect and I was surprised at how much I was not stressed out. I mean of course we did not get started on time and of course Bridger was in a good mood right up until we got started and pretty much cried the rest of the time. {he did not even have his brace on} but it all came together and it was a wonderful day




Bridger was blessed by his Great-Grandpa Thomas



I am sad Bridger was sad because I would of loved to get more pictures with everyone that came.
It was a great day regardless and we are so lucky to have such amazing family! Thanks so much to everyone that came and help out. Bridger is so lucky to have such great people in his life.
Our last couple weeks in pictures. . .

1 comment:

Mindy Thomas said...

Wow Jess that is hard. I wanted to cry just thinking about it. I am so sorry you guys have to go through this. I would have a hard time not caving in too. I give in to Taylee when she gets sick of tummy time. You guys are doing a great job!
Bridger's blessing was perfect. The food was amazing.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...