Thursday, October 7, 2010

Halloween Crafts

So I got together with Aaron's sisters, mom and Carlee, and we had a craft day. It was so much fun and such a good idea. I made Halloween "Boo" blocks, they turned out so sticking cute! I love them. I cant wait to make more for Thanksgiving and Christmas.
Alyse and Ruby made a candy corn wreath {super cute!} Mindy made pumpkin bats {way cute} and Carlee was there to help and make cookies :)

It was so much fun but I didn't realize how tiring crafts make you. I love crafts and it was nice to take a break from sewing and to do more crafty things.

Here is my supplies needed. It is really inexpensive which is one of the best parts.

Supply List:
  • Desired paper
  • Stickers/what you want to decorate with
  • Ribbon
  • Hot glue gun
  • Mod Podge
  • Desired sized wood blocks {best thing to do is go to Home Depot and look in the scap bins, find yourself a piece of wood. decide what size,my blocks are 4X3.5X1.5. They will cut the wood there for you.} Price = $0.54
  • Letter stamps and craft paint{or you can use vinyl lettering}
  • Sandpaper

Photobucket

  1. I cut the scapbook paper to the right sizes
  2. Then I Mod Podged the paper onto the wood. { I put paper on everything except the bottom}
The blocks should start looking like this, here is side #1 of the block
Photobucket

Side #2
Photobucket

3. Once the paper was all on I sanded the edges of the paper to distress and antique the blocks
4. Then I decorated the blocks how I wanted. {There are so many things you can do to decorated, NO LIMITS}

Side #1 "Boo" side
Photobucket


Side #2 "Trick-or-Treat" side
Photobucket

I absolutely love them! They turned out so cute!!

3 comments:

Dane and Kelsey Pence said...

those are soo CUTE!!! good job!

Ryan, Alyse, Paetyn and Ashton said...

I love them Jess they did turn out way cute!! Great Idea and yes we will for sure have to do another craft day!!

Misty said...

Those are darling! I need to make some..

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...