Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Outline via Milestones

Aaron and I always say, "Do you ever wonder if we ever crossed paths before we met?"  That is a thought that always seems to revisit our conversations. It is something to think about. Did we ever walk by each other at a grocery store? or Did we ever pass glances at the carnival? or even "If I saw you, what did I think?"
We always wonder.
Photobucket
We may always wonder but I also love the way we did meet.
There is nothing like seeing a young Mr. Turner for the first time in church. {Only in Utah :)} Oh how I liked him! The sad thing is young Mr. Turner was not fond of me at all! Yes, I was the annoying 16 year old girl with a crush and he acted like the 17 year old boy who hated it but I know he secretly loved all of the attention.  I do recall making all of the big moves. It was me that hinted to Aaron I was turning 16 and was waiting for my first date, it was me who braved up the courage to call him and ask for rides to school, and I am glad I did those rides to school started out as awkward 30 min of our day to thank you for traffic, that means 10 more minutes. Oh how we came to love those rides to school.
Photobucket
{August 2006, First Photo}
I love how fun the first year of dating is. I love that everything is a first. I loved our first year of dating.
I also love that while slow dancing to "Faithfully" by Journey at Homecoming Aaron knew at that moment he was going to marry me. I love that we are high school sweethearts.
Photobucket
{Prom 07', Aaron's Graduation 07'}
We love pictures, even more we love taking pictures of us. Yes sounds vain I know! While dating that seemed to be a fun past time for us. Oh and it still is. I can only image our picture collection in 10 years.
Photobucket
{Sundance 07'}
Holidays are absolutely the best. We love spending time together but even more we love dressing up together for Halloween, decorating our Christmas Tree together, even more so I love receiving flowers on Valentines Day :). There is noting better than a holiday with loved ones.
Photobucket
{Halloween 07', Christmas 09'}
Vacation: a period spent away from home or business in travel or recreation. And boy do we love doing that!
Photobucket
{Yellowstone 09', New York 09'}
Camping is defiantly a vacation but it is defiantly a different kind of vacation. I guess it is kind of funny to think  bug infested, dirty hard as a rock beds, pooping in a hole, and ashy food is an idea of a nice get a way vacation. In some strange way those ingredients  to a camping recipe is what makes it delicious.
Photobucket
{Moab 2010}
Now the beach is a vacation I could take any day. I can't believe it took me to age 20 before I finally shook hands with those crazy waves. I honestly could never get enough of the beach. Oh and might I mention it also took me that long to become a kid again in Disneyland.
Vacations are amazing and they are even more so when Aaron and I share them together. Oh the vacation adventures we have shared.
Photobucket
{California 2010}
Now there is also those special moments, moments that only happen once in a lifetime. Such as a first kiss, first time you say "I Love You", the first time you meet the future-in-laws. :) Yes alot of them are FIRSTS. But I only plan on having one proposal. Oh and it was perfect. You can read the story here. That night I don't think anything could of gone wrong.
Photobucket
{Gateway Nov. 2010}
It is fun to celebrate the milestones with in the major milestone of marriage. Such as engagements, bridal showers, moving in together and buying house stuff together.
Photobucket
{Engagements Dec 2010, Wedding Feb. 10, 2011}
Once married it seems activities and family get together have a whole different vibe. We love being married. I love the changes it brings. I love the new responsibilities that follows.
Photobucket
{Honeymoon, Family Pic March 2011}
As far as milestones go, we have had plenty of them. Thank heavens for the more less milestones that fill in the gaps. Such as our yearly visits to Thanksgiving Point, Gardens. We have been going to there for about 6 years now and it seems we never get bored of it. On the other hand we only need a once a year visit to remind us of its beauty. :) But it is hard to stay away from their amazing cafe' with heavens sweet nectar of raspberrie lemonade
Photobucket
{The Gardens 07', The Gardens 2011}

I am defiantly one that follows and appreciates the milestones in life. I have been looking at pictures lately and I decided to put a few milestones together and here I got my outline. So crazy how much life changes and how all of our little decisions, decide the big ones.
So I am sure Aaron can thank me for making that brave phone call years ago for those rides to high school. :)
I also look forward for the many more decisions and milestones to come.
{Happy Tuesday}

2 comments:

Scadden Family said...

Love the new lay out! OH how I remember the days of you and Aaron when you where starting to date, and hearing about your rides with him to school, LOL!!! Having to tease you, (going to McDonald's, driving past his house, ect.) good memories!

Ryan, Alyse, Paetyn and Ashton said...

Ah I love this post Great Job Jess so cute! Love the new blog!!! Totally meant for eachother:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...